As an editor, I want to be able to:
- follow a link to a Wikipedia article from a todo list (say an editathon or a campaign page, a tweet, an invitation to edit by email) that includes a campaign hashtag as a parameter, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Beath?ht=wikiD
- start editing the target page and have the campaign hashtag pre-filled in the edit summary, e.g. /* Biography */ Some text here #wikiD
- store the hashtag in the edit summary when I save the revision
- apply the above to any other edit I make during the same browser session
Who else will benefit from this change
- As an editathon or campaign organizer or a program manager, I'll be able to easily retrieve a feed of users and edits that are part of a specific initiative (e.g. #wikiD) and obtain metrics about the impact of this initiative.
- As a researcher, I'll be able to run experiments or analyze contribution trends as a function of the initiatives driving them.