This task will track the racking, setup, and OS installation of deploy2002.
Hostname / Racking / Installation Details
Racking Proposal: Doesn't matter as its replacing deploy2001, not working alongside it.
Networking/Subnet/VLAN/IP: private vlan for the row
Partitioning/Raid: sw raid1 with /srv lvm
OS Distro: Stretch
Per host setup checklist
Each host should have its own setup checklist copied and pasted into the list below.
- - receive in system on procurement task T264633 & in coupa
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location, state of planned)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run (with role:spare)
- - host state in netbox set to staged
Once the system(s) above have had all checkbox steps completed, this task can be resolved.