We agreed that we want a new ganeti VM on buster, which uses the MW appserver role, similar to the previous testvm1001 but
named as a proper "mwdebug" server.
- request VM, define needed CPU/RAM/disk (done in T268044, 4 CPU, 4GB RAM, 50 GB disk, copying existing mwdebug machines)
- create VM (with insetup role)
- add to DHCP, install the OS
- create mcrouter cert (https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Memcached_for_MediaWiki/mcrouter#Generate_certs_for_a_new_host)
- apply the canary_appserver puppet role to it
- add to conftool data under "testserver" section
- ensure PHP72 APT component gets installed and PHP packages are installed
- sync puppet compiler facts and add fake secrets in labs/private, confirm puppet changes can be compiled on mwdebug1003
- check and list remaining puppet errors and missing packages
- add in the WikimediaDebug extension (the extension repo itself and matching change in trafficserver LUA for x-debug header routing)
Work on this will start mid-November, from Nov 16 on.