For the sake of transparency and decreased confusion. Might be an epic task hard to fix...
Some teams (e.g. Multimedia) list there Phabricator projects, some teams have shared Gerrit queries / dashboards for their areas.
Such lists / links should probably end up on each team's wiki page (mostly on mediawiki.org) in a section which has the same heading name on each page (cf. T115853 for contact info)?
There is also https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developers/Maintainers listing code areas and their maintainers.
Also see the Gerrit queries in T88531: Goal: Organize a Gerrit Cleanup Day on September 23, 2015.
Reading team has a dedicated task for this: T101757: Document extensions to be worked by Reading
Another general problem is to keep such information updated.
The list (in-progress)
- Community Tech
- Discovery - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Discovery#Code
- Reading - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Component_responsibility
- Collaboration - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Editing#Collaboration_team
- Visual Editor - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Editing#VisualEditor_team
- Multimedia - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Multimedia
- Language Engineering - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Language_engineering#Projects
- Parsing - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsing#Current_projects
- Analysis - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Editing/Analysis#Our_responsibilities
- Fundraising Tech
- Analytics Engineering
- Performance & Availability
- Release Engineering - https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Release_Engineering_Team#Help.21
- Technical Operations