This ticket represents requirements for the initial approach we take to editing specific comments as well as the work involved with implementing it.
⚠️This list is still evolving
The following requirements. should be implemented for use by contributors to all Wikipedia talk pages on desktop web
- Contributors will only be able to see the edit affordance on comments they have written
- Technically, contributors will only be able to see the edit affordance next to comments signed with the username they are logged in with
- Contributors will not see an indication that a specific comment has been edited on the talk page (e.g. there will be no "edited" indication as there is on Slack for example)
- Contributors should not be able to edit their signature, regardless of the edit mode (source or visual) they are using.
- How should notifications behave when a contributor @ mentions someone new while editing their comment. See this comment for context: T246245#5976962
- The "Open questions" above have been answered
- The "Requirements" above have been implemented
- Akoopal at nl.wiki: https://w.wiki/S6Q