This task is about implementing a new experience for your own, not-yet-created, user talk page.
Understanding the purpose of your user talk page
- As a Junior Contributor who has clicked a link to my own user talk page that not-yet-been-created, I want to understand the purpose of the page [i] I am now viewing, so that I can decide whether I should engage with the page more deeply or leave/go somewhere else.
Initiating a conversation
- As a Junior Contributor who has clicked a link to my own user talk page that not-yet-been-created and who has a question they would like to ask/a topic they want to discuss with others, I want to know there are better places to start a conversation about said question/topic than on my own user talk page, so that I can increase the likelihood another person will respond with helpful information.
- As a Junior Contributor who has just published a question/thought to my own user talk page for the first time, I want to know that it is unlikely for other people to see what I just published, so that I am not surprised when I do not hear back from someone else.
This section will contain designs for the "empty my own user talk page" experiences on mobile and desktop.
- What – if any – reason(s) might there be for the empty state design to encourage people to "create" their own user talk page?
- Designs for mobile and desktop that fulfill the stories defined above are posted to the Mockups section.
i. Purpose of the page: the space where other volunteers will communicate with "me" about the edits "I" have made and/or may consider making to the wiki.