OTRS 6, the emailed handling software used by volunteers to process queries to projects, is end-of-life as FOSS software. We've migrated to a FOSS fork, Znuny LTS, and now there is a lot of cleanup work to do.
The official English name of the team is Volunteer Response Team (VRT), using the Volunteer Response Team Software (VRTS). This naming convention is meant to prevent future renames in case of other software or structural changes. There will be Naming Convention Guidelines written and published to provide direction for language communities. Please do not rename any pages independently.
This is the parent tracking task for the work involved in migration. This work is being done in coordination with the Volunteer Response Team leaders over the course of the next several months.
Phase 1 (1 March - 13 April)
- Decide on a course of action
- Migrate to Znuny LTS
Phase 2 (15 April - 15 May)
- Communicate staged plans with agents and community
- Rename pages on Meta
- Design a new icon for Commons permissions
- Replace the old Commons template
- Request renaming/aliasing for OTRS wiki
Phase 3 (timeframe TBD)
- Rename mailing lists
- Rename Phabricator project
- Write and publish naming convention guidelines for language teams
- Design a new icon for user boxes
- Design a new favicon for Znuny LTS
- Replace userbox icons with new icon
No set timeframe so far
- Rename IRC channels
- Replace text references on Meta
...more will be added to this list as work progresses.