1) Strengthen: API & community build-out
Continue API build-out & scale service development community resources.
- Scale service development by refining guidelines and documentation.
- Support apps and the API-driven frontend effort with cacheable high-traffic entry points and clean content interfaces.
- Editing, especially the Parsing team
2) Focus: Storage scaling and selective replication for hot data.
- Prepare for cost-effective history storage by improving compression ratios for HTML content improved to < 10% of raw content size.
- Support selective replication of hot data to edge PoPs for low-latency API access.
3) Experiment: Reliable event production & change propagation
- Implement reliable event production from MediaWiki to EventBus.
- Migrate job queue use cases to EventBus consumers.
- Provide a light-weight EventBus implementation for third party users.
- Prototype fine-grained dependency tracking for change propagation.
- Performance for reliable event production.
- Analytics for ongoing EventBus development.