At the moment, documentation about products is handled by different people, on different teams. There is no rules concerning sections, formatting, useful information for users, etc. like we have rules on Wikipedia or Wiktionary to have a coherent content.
That task would be dedicated to:
- find out what are the different type of documentation pages we have on mediawiki.org
- define best practices, or, at least, most common ones to have an unified presentation for documentation
- ask translators about their practices and preferences concerning translation (page length, formatting...)
- connect that project to Shadow namespaces, to transclude documentation to all wikis (T91162)
That task is not dedicated to:
- developers' documentation
- how to install Mediawiki or extensions.