In T173639: Hovercard text extract is broken for `* ` sequence in parenthesis, cswiki community members proposed testing the HTML summaries produced by the new Summary API. We would like to release it to cswiki first and do a round of QA prior to switching all projects to showing HTML summaries.
- Switch cswiki to showing HTML summaries
- Prepare test articles for QA
- Do a round of QA (full test plan) on cswiki
- Ping @bearND and @Mholloway when this has happened.
Sign off steps
- If any bugs are discovered during QA we may want to revert the change (Olga's decision). Bugs should be captured. We shouldn't rush to fix anything while the code is in production.
- This is as simple as adding $wgPopupsGateway = 'restbaseHTML'; to the config. Note that this gateway is different from the "RESTBase Plain" gateway, which is currently in use on all of the Wikipedias.