None of the themes that are currently available for JSDoc support all the features we need. We'll probably have to make our own. @cscott has already created jsdoc-wmf-theme that borrows its look from the style guide.
- Allow developers to group logically related classes. For example with categories, or a custom table of contents.
- When viewing a class, must show the full interface of a class including inherited methods.
- Ability to show only public methods (e.g. hide private/protected). Either by default, or with a way to toggle: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/jsdoc/wmf-theme/+/447970
- Basic search for a method by name (e.g. searching "doFoo" will find "Quux.doFoo").
- Ability to show/hide method & member summaries
- Complete and compact display of the class hierarchy