JSDuck seems abandonware by now, and it is hurting our ability to properly document our code.
- Examples of problems:
- No support for @interface
- No support for namespaced events (change:title is invalid)
- Links that show it is unmaintained:
- Last beta was in 2013: https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues/633
- See the pulse graphs, barely any activity since end of 2013
- Proposed alternatives:
Requirements for alternative
What are blockers for adopting JSDoc3 and/or a custom theme? In other words, compared to viewing code comments directly, what added value do we want our generated documentation to have for consumers?
- All usage of jsduck changed to jsdoc from npm
- Code documentation works fine, fix any problems
- Docs get properly published to https://doc.wikimedia.org/MobileFrontend/master/js/
- CI lints documentation properly with jenkins-bot on patches
- Documentation about how to run documentation in mw.org, README, etc is updated to point to the new instructions if any change
- All the above ^ but for other extensions we maintain and that use jsduck