Steps to become frustrated:
- Begin by hating the "Group results by page" prefs setting. None of this matters if you think that ugly, unintuitive, inefficient, overbroad page layout is a good thing.
- Go to Special:RecentChanges. It looks so nice, right? Everything is working perfectly.
- Click "Tags" and choose a tag. (I chose #AWB.)
- Notice that the page still looks nice, and everything is fine.
- Click a URL from someone who is using the ugly style, e.g., https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?hidebots=1&hidecategorization=1&hideWikibase=1&tagfilter=AWB&limit=100&days=7&enhanced=1&title=Special:RecentChanges&urlversion=2
- Discover that this innocent-looking URL has given you the ugly style.
- Just go back to Special:RecentChanges and try to do it the right way. Discover that the URL has secretly changed your preferences, so now everything is ugly.
- Discover that hand-editing the original URL to say &enhanced=0 will temporarily take away the ugly, but it doesn't fix your prefs, so it stays ugly forever, unless and until you figure out which of the jillions of prefs is the screwed up one.