- first run on test wikidata
- then on production
The migration will go through 4 stages:
- stage 1: data is moved from old to the new table
- stage 2: reading still happens from the old table and writing happens on both (we write twice) + run migration scripts
- stage 3: writing to both + reading only from the new one. In case of problems, we will still have the two tables synced.
- stage 4: switch everything to the new table. The old table will stay there, idle, with the last state but the data won't change again, since the writing will only happen on the new table now.
The scripts already exist.
We will have to test after every stage whether everything/wikidata works as expected.
Couple of thousands of properties with their aliases.