Currently, issues related to gadgets are typically tracked on some wiki, resulting in various degrees of awkwardness (hard to search old issues, especially if one is not sure which wiki "owns" the gadget; hard to cross-reference tasks; hard to watch/get updates; no easy way to claim or prioritize; etc).
I wonder if tracking these (or some of these) on Phabricator would make sense? Thanks to OAuth, Phabricator is quite accessible to Wikimedians; but all Phabricator content is currently in English which might be problematic (there are lots of gadgets which are only used by some single non-English language community; forcing them to discuss in English seems counterproductive).
- T802: Phabricator projects for Wikimedia sister projects is similar but seems to be more about categorizing the existing task by wikiproject.
- T100512: Create a "Wikidata-Gadgets" project
- T60462: Gadgets enabled by default should be held to a higher level of quality
- T121470: Central Global Repository for Templates, Lua modules, and Gadgets
- T167983: Create #MetaWiki-Gadgets