Page MenuHomePhabricator

LOG: Phabricator project creation
Closed, DeclinedPublic

Description

This task is superseded by the list of recently created projects in Phabricator.

Previously:

Project-Admins are expected to add a comment to this task whenever they create a Phabricator #project of a type that requires documenting its creation.

Related Objects

Mentioned In
T555: Per-user projects for personal work in progress tracking
T144111: Allow self-service creation of Maniphest projects for Tools
T108586: Herald rules causing delays to task edit saves - getting worse
T141256: Consider logging of project renamings
T139210: Abandon (or at least strongly simplify) project creation policy
T136664: Create #Permanent tag
T132034: Add project for Lua libs for behavior-driven development
T130997: [Task] Configure ArticlePlaceholder for nnwiki
T131108: Android team would like additional project tags for tracking
T129302: iOS team would like additional project tags for tracking
T129264: Proposal to create tag: Archcom-has-shepherd
T129221: Fix/revert #Patch-needs-improvement Phabricator project tag
T128528: Use Conpherence for project-admins requests
T122423: Fix restricted project "WMUA-Tech"
T101362: A #Templates tag for tasks related with creating/fixing MediaWiki templates?
T118176: migrate RT maint-announce into phabricator
T706: Requests for addition to the #acl*Project-Admins group (in comments)
T118304: Make Phabricator "Creating and renaming projects" documentation page less confusing for people who want to have a project
T117585: create #ops-eqdfw & #ops-eqord projects
T114646: Please add Frédéric Bolduc, Thalia Chan, and David Lynch to ldap/wmf
T113915: Delete L6 Legalpad document
T112039: Rename #Wikimedia-Git-or-Gerrit to #Gerrit and create #Gitblit
T111563: Create a project for MediaWiki's galleries
T97273: Simpler process for Phabricator project creation
Mentioned Here
T147055: Create a #user-notice-collaboration tag
T139210: Abandon (or at least strongly simplify) project creation policy
T146743: Request for project "User-joe" for organizing my personal workboard
T146245: Request for project creation for several skins and extensions
T143547: Create #user-Nikerabbit
T145118: Create #user-MuhammadShuaib project
T144532: Create 5 new projects (groups) for CE Insights
T145135: Create acl policy for analytics team
T142470: Create Phabricator projects for the Wikimedia Developer Summit
T144136: Create User-Dereckson project
T127007: Create a generic #Goal tag
T142859: Create #user-ladsgroup tag
T142731: Create tag for multiple active datacenters work
T142739: Create Community-Engagement-Insights project
T142466: Create project MediaWiki-extensions-LinkedWiki
T137091: Create Librarybase Phabricator Component Project
T141952: Create a new MediaWiki-CrossWikiWatchlist project
T102498: Replace tracking bug T14788 by new project tag "CSS"
T139994: Create new Project: #WMF-Internal-Tech
T138605: Request project MediaWiki-extensions-reCaptcha
T141118: Create MediaWiki-extensions-TrustedXFF
T140680: Create a project for GapFinder
T134961: Create #IRCecho project
T131568: Change of workboard columns in #Phabricator
T140071: Create User-Addshore project
T139921: Create a Goal project for technical operations Q1 goal "Experimental Prometheus metrics monitoring"
T139728: Create a Goal project for technical operations Q1 goal "Modernize Puppet configuration management infrastructure"
T139788: Create user-Urbanecm project
T138218: Create GLAM and GLAM-Tech projects
T138380: Reading teams would like a tag to identify spikes
T139225: Create User-Hydriz project
T139096: Create User-DrTrigon project
T137613: Create #Navigation-Popups project
T137230: Reading Web team would like a project to follow their process improvements
T134119: Create #Tidy project and convert T4542 to it
T135754: Create project - 'UntitledNotificationExtension'
T134522: Create #GerritBot project
T134033: Create 'Wikipedias-Accuracy-Review' Project
T134544: Create #tabular-data project
T133759: Create project MediaWiki-extensions-QuickGV
T133665: Create 'Pywikibot-Thanks' project
T133514: Create project WikiProject-X-Wikipedia-Requests
T132642: New project request: Brickimedia
T132341: Create project: Reports-bot
T132334: Create User-zeljkofilipin project
T131108: Android team would like additional project tags for tracking
T130539: Create project BlueSpice
T130603: Creation of a new phabricator project for wikimaps warper
T129302: iOS team would like additional project tags for tracking
T129298: Proposed tag: Papers
T129705: Create project WikiLoves-Tool
T129029: Create #kartotherian and #tilerator component projects
T127439: Create a project for horizon
T128603: Create project for Tool-Labs-tools-stewardbots
T128469: [Task] Request phabricator project for WikibaseMediaInfo extension
T126853: Create project for CatWatch
T127556: Create project puppet-compiler
T124729: Using Tags (yellow) for Pragmatic Personas
T127041: Phabricator project for extension:CollaborationKit
T126869: Enable managing workboard for #Project-Creators
T120916: Create project WebPageTest
T124086: Make a Pageviews-API project on Phabricator, and add a Herald rule to add Analytics on Pageviews-API tasks
T126014: Create a texvcjs project in phabricator
T126665: Create #Reading-analysis project
T121362: Create user-Luke081515 project
T125041: Create the user-mobrovac personal project
T125198: Create User-Johan project
T124814: What Can I Do For Wikimedia
T89386: Merge ApiSandbox extension into core
T125677: Archive #MediaWiki-extensions-ApiSandbox
T117910: Create User-reedy project
T124122: Create User-Josve05a project
T121555: Create a Collaboration-Community-Engagement project
T122831: The Wikipedia Adventure
P2357 Projects with non-all-users edit policies
T119459: Create Milestone tag
T85433: Using Phabricator for gadget-related tasks
T118304: Make Phabricator "Creating and renaming projects" documentation page less confusing for people who want to have a project
T93485: Add additional TimedMediaHandler projects
T115840: Create ELiSo (Esperanto user group) team project
T115332: Create Europeana 280 project
T115397: Creating a new project: TaxonBot
T115531: Create a project for php-session-serializer
T110857: Create project Pywikibot-Commons
T108405: Project request for Community-Wishlist-Survey
T111017: create salt tag (project)
T110408: Create an "Editing-Analysis" project for Editing Department product and data analysis questions
T107593: Create tag for "Voice & Tone" and sufficiently explain what it is meant for

Event Timeline

There are a very large number of changes, so older changes are hidden. Show Older Changes
Danny_B updated the task description. (Show Details)Jul 14 2016, 10:30 PM

@Jdforrester-WMF Please link to relevant tasks when applicable. Thank you.

atgo removed a subscriber: atgo.Jul 29 2016, 6:16 PM

Question: shouldn't #GlobalUserPage and #AbuseFilter be renamed to #MediaWiki-extensions-AbuseFilter and #MediaWiki-extensions-GlobalUserPage and have the short names as alias instead of their primary names, as the vast majority of the extensions projects are named?

Question: shouldn't #GlobalUserPage and #AbuseFilter be renamed to #MediaWiki-extensions-AbuseFilter and #MediaWiki-extensions-GlobalUserPage and have the short names as alias instead of their primary names, as the vast majority of the extensions projects are named?

For the sake of consistency (and thus preventing exceptions in tools using project names), yes.

Linked document does not state anything like that explicitely. It only implies that.

@Danny_B: If you'd like to have additional rules for the sake of consistency, please propose such rules in a dedicated discussion. Thanks!

Question: shouldn't #GlobalUserPage and #AbuseFilter be renamed to #MediaWiki-extensions-AbuseFilter and #MediaWiki-extensions-GlobalUserPage and have the short names as alias instead of their primary names, as the vast majority of the extensions projects are named?

No, we're slowly moving all projects to drop the 'MediaWiki-extensions-' prefix as agreed when we set up the migration. Help ensuring everyone involved is happy with each renaming and then doing them appreciated!

No, we're slowly moving all projects to drop the 'MediaWiki-extensions-' prefix as agreed when we set up the migration.

Where is the agreement (and discussion)? I would like to see objective arguments, not only subjective feelings. Thank you.

(...) everyone involved is happy with each renaming (...)

That obviously can't happen...

@Danny_B: And I've renamed this back to lowercase capital letter because that's the actual name of the project.

Created Wikimedia-Developer-Summit umbrella project + 2017 subproject + Organization && Sessions milestone subsubprojects, as discussed in T142470.

5 CE Insights projects were created (T144532)

Created Phab projects for the following extensions and skins as per T146245:

Skins

Extensions

Can that name be any less descriptive?

Can that name be any less descriptive?

I agree, that needs a rename

Can that name be any less descriptive?

I agree, that needs a rename

@JeroenDeDauw since that's you project, could you think about that?

A WMDE- prefix would already help.

WMDE Fun Team works for me. It's not just my project of course, also @kai.nissen and @gabriel-wmde

Can that name be any less descriptive?

Are you yelly? :)

A WMDE- prefix would already help.

Renamed.

Created ScopedCallback , WaitConditionLoop , and Timestamp for new PHP libraries.

Renamed Developer-Wishlist to use "-" between the words, as per best practices documented in MediaWiki to allow liking the project elsewhere. Diff: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/manage/2435/#31731

Aklapper updated the task description. (Show Details)Jun 13 2017, 7:04 PM