This is broken out from T72073: U4. Special page to enable Flow on existing wikitext talk pages, auto-archiving the wikitext page (v2). However, I suggest we have a meeting, as there are some issues with the "convert to wikitext" approach:
Similar to enabling, we will create a special page to *disable* Flow on a page/set of pages. This will create a revision that changes the contentmodel of the page back to "wikitext".
- The user right for this special page determines who can do this
- initially restricted to Flow team, eventually wiki admins get the right.
The new wikitext revision of the Flow page would contain the Flow board converted back to text. There are two forms it could take:
- The script Flow/maintenance/convertToText.php that converts Flow board to wiki text. Sample conversion
- A variant of this script that outputs the Flow board header followed by a list of links to the Topic: *UUID* pages, maybe with summary information. ---
- How does disable relate to $wgFlowOccupyNamespaces? E.g. if Flow is enable on User_talk: can it still be disabled for a particular page? For a subpage like User_talk:Brandon/My_experiment ? (
it would already be off for the subpage(I don't think the struck-through part is true anymore, since we changed how namespace occupation works))
- When enabling, what happens if Flow is disabled: we have [a script](https://trello.com/c/VKUbFqBW/37-5-disable-flow-fix-in-wmf11) (which needs to be updated for API changes) to convert a Flow board to wikitext, and/or the Flow version could be moved to a Talk:_SomePage_/FlowArchive