We need to build a proof of concept in Labs showing how Wikimedia code review would work in Phabricator.
The goal of this PoC is to help polishing details for T18: Plan to migrate code review from Gerrit to Phabricator and to ease community testing and feedack.
Desired deadline: December 2014.
Feature set (early draft)
- Dedicated Labs instance with daily backups.
- Several repositories imported
- Process for creating new repositories with some examples (i.e. FOSS Outreach Program for Women projects?) No migration will be provided, just git clone.
- Browse repositories
- Subscribe to repositories
- Become an owner (maintainer) of a repository
- Inherit policies in a tree
- Install Arcanist in Ubuntu, Fedora, MacOSX, Windows.
- Instructions to clone a repository and prepare a patch.
- Example of pre-upload linting, and possibility to bypass.
- Possibility to be notified as repository maintainer, subscriber, or by task.
- Comment, vote, reject, approve, abandon, merge.
- Dependent patches, obsolete dependency.
- Display whether a patch is mergeable or not.
- Testing that non-maintainers have no way to bypass code review to get their code merged.
- List of open diffs waiting for review.
- Marking diffs as work-in-progress, or equivalent to "-1", so they can be "ignored".
(Continuous Integration PoC? Harbormaster? To be decided.)
(Specify which of these options could be performed via mobile)
(Any interesting Herald actions that we could include?)