RfC: T202673: RFC: Multiblocks - let admins create multiple, overlapping blocks on a single user
After T2674: Allow users to be blocked from editing a specific article or all articles inside a namespace there may be reason for a user to have several blocks with different expiration dates. For example:
User:Apples has been indefinitely blocked from editing Neptune. They then receive a 24 hour full-site block. When the full site block expires, they should continue to be blocked from Neptune.
User:Bananas is indefinitely blocked from editing Mars and from editing Venus until 2025. An admin wants to block them from Saturn for one month.
This is easy to manually set for simple granular blocks but becomes more troublesome if the user is blocked from several pages, categories, namespaces, and/or actions.
- Adding a new block should not affect any existing block.
- Each block can contain different parameters & independent expiration dates.
- Admins will need to see all active blocks set against a user/IP on Special:Block.
- Admins will be able to select an active block and modify its parameters.
- Admins will be able to remove one, several, or all blocks from Special:Unblock.
- Users will be able to see all their active blocks on Special:Contributions
- Users will be able to see all blocks on Special:BlockList (searching/filtering will be handled on another ticket, to be filed.)
Version here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_health_initiative/Partial_blocks/Multi-blocks