As a user, I want the ability to save a soft copy of an article from my desktop computer, so that I can read them later when I'm offline.
As a user, I want the ability to print an article in a printer friendly way.
- Create PDF style for browser printing
- Ensure styles are optimal for soft and hard copies (design criteria)
(to be created upon working on this task)
- The branding will require some changes to ResourceLoaderSkinModule to support display of a different logo in print mode. We'll probably want to look at this PHP code first.
- Style tweaks in print mode
- We're going to make some minor tweaks to typography in print mode
- Broken paddings/margins
- Hide things such as article indicators such as favourite article
- Parts of OCG (to be defined by @Nirzar) will be added
- We will remove certain elements (to be defined)
- We'll need to resolve T24256
- Implement new print styles for desktop - ensure all subtasks are closed
- Styles should be feature flagged
- New styles should be enabled on the beta cluster to allow us to gather feedback from community.
- Ensure styles are also applied to PDFs
- It's unclear how we want to measure this right now, but we are exploring A/B tests (See T169731).