- Notification delivery mechanism is rewritten to use MassMessage extension
- Update extension.json to remove Translation Notification bot user account
- Remove the warning notice from https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:NotifyTranslators (done by the community)
- Update https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TranslationNotifications
- Communicate to translation administrators
- Update public wmf-conflig (patch exists) - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/603167
- Update private wmf-config (prod and beta cluster)
Hello. It seems that Translation Notification Bot is broken again. It is sending the same notification up to 4 times to the translators. I've picked a random example at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:MrLeopold&action=history. I've globally locked the account to prevent the bot from editing until this can be sorted out. Thanks.
Post deployment: This was tested on mediawiki.org by sending a delivery via all possible methods (email, local talk page, talk page in another wiki) to a language where only a single person (the tester) is subscribed
Translation notifications are now reliable and translation admins can send them without restrictions.