This task is about refining the initial approach described in T245890 to ensure DiscussionTools are not being enabled on pages they should not be.
Below are some approaches we could take to prevent DiscussionTools from being enabled on pages where these tools could cause more harm than good.
Page-specific exclusion list
- DiscussionTools would not appear on pages that contain a magic word, like __NONEWSECTIONLINK__
Content-specific exclusion list
- Reply links would not be appended to comments that are wrapped in certain tags/DOM nodes (e.g. <blockquote>~~~~</blockquote>)
Content-specific inclusion list Reply links would only be appended to comments at a new level of indentation
- AfD discussions
- Partially archived pages (read: pages that contain at least one section that has been archived using the ArkistoituOsa template)
- What do we estimate to be the rate of pages that contain __NONEWSECTIONLINK__syntax and do not contain discussions?
- Defined a set of conditions, that if met, will prevent DiscussionTools from being enabled
- Implement "Conditions"