On the desktop, Same-sex marriage in Kentucky (and other US states) looks fine. Template:Same-sex unions runs down the right-hand side of the page, taking only about one-third of the width available for text (on my laptop at a size comfortable for my old eyes), and only its first section, Marriage, is expanded; the other three, Civil unions and registered partnerships, Unregistered cohabitation, and See also, are initially collapsed, with a "[Show]" button.
On my smartphone,* though, the template comes up fully expanded at almost the very top of the page, with only the title and the lead graphic above it. I have to scroll five full screens to reach the first line of text. Need I say how awkward this is? especially with the risk of tapping a link as I tap-scroll down.
* Samsung Verizon Android Galaxy S-3, model SCH-I535, OS v4.4.2
On desktop, if an article has multiple infoboxes, we collapse each subsequent infobox after the first:
We don't do this on mobile and it takes up a lot of space
- Load mediawiki.page.ready /Users/jrobson/git/core/resources/src/mediawiki/page/ready.js
- Provide styling (see Design) for collapsing as a skinStyle for the jquery.makeCollapsible module
- bg color remains the same #f8f9fa
- subtle box-shadow to indicate collapsed state box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px -4px rgba(0,0,0,0.6)
- icon is a small version of mw-ui-icon-mf-arrow (same as toggle) but in blue color. (see related T198770)
- "Show more" button is 14px, blue, normal weight. Note, that the text of the button comes from editors so don't worry about the copy text here. We cannot change it.
- Update SkinMinerva::getDefaultModules to include jquery.makeCollapsible when requested - see https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/431662 POC: Enable collapsible elements on Minerva is a proof of concept.)
- Add new styles for Minerva, ensuring they do not cause FOUC when loaded and collapsed elements begin collapsed.
- This is used in various ways by editors (see T199924: Hidden images in vector arwiki display in Minerva) some community outreach/testing as part of deployment would be advisable.
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/431662 POC: Enable collapsible elements on Minerva is a proof of concept.