This refers to the site search (Special:Search)
Splitting from T59512.
(In reply to bug 57512 comment #12)
>unless we can get lucky in being able to find them with the
>search engine without false positives
You'd have to get really lucky, since from what I understand, the search
does not index flow posts.
>The non-updating of link tables also makes it impossible to search for external
>links (e.g. to find past discussions of the reliability of a source), or to
>find discussions that link to some page, or to find discussions that use an
>image, and so on.
Or to find everywhere the spambots added linkspam to a specific website
(In reply to bug 57512 comment #13)
(In reply to comment #12)
> >unless we can get lucky in being able to find them with the
> >search engine without false positives
> You'd have to get really lucky, since from what I understand, the search
> does not index flow posts.
Sounds like that should be another blocker for bug 60178. Is there a bug for
Merge from Trello:
This card is for engineer to pick up Matthias work, answer more questions from checklist below, then meet with Danny/S/Nick and Nik and Chad (and other interested developers) to figure out how to get Flow Topic search results in site search.
- Part of https://trello.com/c/nIDJHl8s/
Questions to answer
- how could CirrusSearch index Topic text?
- how would edits & replies to a Topic trigger CirrusSearch reindexing?
- Could intitle:math work for topic's title rather than only the Topic: *S0n4m7q632z8ycpv* page title?
- will CirrusSearch index HTML of pages or wikitext? Note wikitext will match content text expanded using latest templates whereas posts don't use latest templates until re-edited.
- will Topic search work for wikis using Flow but not CirrusSearch extension?
- can relevance ranking of search results prefer topic title, then reply text?
- what about the other Full text search features like prefix and Topic:math ?
- how can we get Nik and Chad to do all the work?
- Should https://trello.com/c/dTRhYBdY be a separate card?
- can site search show topic h2 title instead of Topic: *S0n4m7q632z8ycpv* ?
- can we support existing prefix:Talk:Some_Flow_board to search within topics that appeared on a particular Flow board?
- can we support prefix:Talk:Beta_Features/ to search across all the Beta features Flow boards that are subpages of Talk:Beta_Features?
- will edits made beyond Topic: be included (boards description)