This task about making it so the Reply Tool Special:Preferences setting that was implemented in T259943 is always shown in Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing > Talk pages when the Discussion tools beta feature is enabled.
- Visit a wiki where the Reply Tool is available as a Beta Feature (e.g. fr.wiki: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A9cial:Pr%C3%A9f%C3%A9rences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures)
- Enable the Discussion tools beta feature, if it is not already.
- Visit: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A9cial:Pr%C3%A9f%C3%A9rences#mw-prefsection-editing
- Observe that under Preferences> Editing section, settings are clustered/organized as following sections: General options, Editor, and Preview.
- ✅ Observe that under Preferences> Editing section, settings are now clustered or organized as follows which includes a new section Discussion pages: General options, Editor, Preview, and Discussion pages (or whatever the talk namespace is called at the wiki you are viewing)
- ✅ Observe the Enable quick replying setting appears within the Discussion pages heading
- ✅ Observe the Enable quick replying setting is enabled
- The behavior described in the Desired sub-section above is implemented