This task is a parent task for the frontend specifications for the "add a link" structured task. It also contains some general specifications.
- The new "add links" task should replace the non-structured "add links" task. But we should still retain the ability to resurface the non-structured task that relies on maintenance templates, in case some wikis want it. Though it's hard to imagine a situation in which we would want both types of "add links" tasks available, we should still allow that to be possible.
- When we deploy the new "add links" task, that should be the only task type selected for newcomers, as opposed to the current situation in which newcomers have both "add links" and "copyedit" selected, and get feeds containing both. We want to be opinionated about exactly which types of edits newcomers should start with.
- Figma: contains pages for both mobile and desktop
- Copy: contains final copy and QQQ messages.
- Mobile interactive prototype: may not contain exact visual designs
- Desktop interactive prototype: may not contain exact visual designs
We also have a flowchart for mobile, showing which elements of the mobile workflow are going to need changes, and which are complete additions. Engineers should speak up if it would be useful to have such a flowchart for desktop.